SketchFighter 4000 Alpha
for news and updates.
Another patch update is now making its way to the app store for SketchFighter 4000 Alpha.
You can now use the fire key like enter to dismiss most dialogues and quickly save at save stations, some extra hints have been added to help new players find their way in the early parts of the volcano and the sound playing code has been optimized for better performance.
The 1.2.3 update was released the next day, fixing a problem with the super beam in 1.2.2. Can't have problems with the super beam, now can we.
Another update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This update adds some improvements in terms of improves support for dragging and dropping image clippings from other applications to use as sources, and fixes some isses related to saving and loading VRaster files with a large number of points in the rasters and a bug withc zooming out too far with track pad zoom gestures.
In addition to this there are also some under the hood improvements to technical logging and error messages in case of various problems.
A new update of the password app DotPass for iOS and macOS has been released today. The new version brings a couple of changes and a new auto-copy feature. But most of all it's a maintenance update, bringing the app up to date with new macOS and iOS versions to ensure it keeps on working as it should in the future.
Version 1.5.0 changes
- New auto-copy password option.
- Interface adapted to new iOS/macOS dark/light mode and new controls.
- Pattern ghost-writing can now be toggled on/off when drawing the pattern.
- The password length toggle is now always shown.
DotPass is not a pasword manager in the traditional sense, as it doesn't store or send your passwords or account details anywhere. Instead DotPass gives you a way to get unique good passwords for all your different accounts using combinations of words you can remember and a graphics pattern that serves as your secret key. In short, passwords you can get back if you need them again, without anything stored that can be lost or stolen.
The next generation of Vectoraster, Vectoraster 8, is now in beta testing. There is no set release date yet, but most major features are now implemented and the plan is to test and improve the new version during the summer for release sometime after that. You can check it out below and sign up for a release notification or if you want to help out beta testing.
Some of the main planned new features in Vectoraster 8:
- Animation support. Animate raster parameters and export the result to video.
- New source layers model. Sources are now more like layers in other graphics software and can be moved, scaled and rotated individually and blended together.
- Improved preview drag editing. Edit source layers, gradients, distortions or raster pattern parameters by dragging graphical handles in the preview.
- Advanced noise sources. New dynamic noise layers generating perlin or billowing noise you can then apply to any parameter across the raster.
- Secondary point transformations. You can now apply two separate dynamic scaling or rotations to raster points, for example adding randomization to a source-based value.
- Dark Mode interface support. Interface now adapts to system interface mode, and lets you switch between dark mode and light mode.
Vectoraster 8 will require macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) to run.
If you're interested in Patternodes and want to get started with some basics there's now a tutorial with an introduction to animation in Patternodes over at Generative Hut. Just click below!
Product pages updated with news feed
Another round of improvements to the website have now been deployed. This time focused on the app product pages, which now have embedded news feeds filtered by tag. So now you can easily see recent updates to a particular product, right on the page for the product.
A new version of the pattern creation and animation app Patternodes 2 has been released. This new update add support for encoding exported videos in h.264 codec for improved compression, and all export settings are now saved per file. The update also fixes a couple of interface bugs and layout issues in the built in node reference.
You can find the full change log in the version history. Download the new version and try it out today, or update in the app.
Website and license system downtime
For a couple of hours today June 11 there were problems at our server causing the lostminds.com website and our license system to be unreachable. In other words you couldn't access the website, download or update your software or unlock newly purchased installations. In some cases it might also have reverted old installations to demo mode if they hadn't been used for a long time.
The problem has now been resolved, and all systems are up and running. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
There's now a small patch update making its way to the appstore for SketchFighter 4000 Alpha based on the reports and feedback from players of the initial release.
In short it fixes some small bugs and makes some of the first challenges in the game a little more forgiving, which will hopefully mean more players will have a fun time and get into the game.Changes and fixes
- Reduced health of the first Wasteland boss.
- Added mini map location marker for the optional Race track area.
- Reduced volcano lava particles on the way to the first volcano gate switch.
- Fixed some minor issues with the mini map in the Ice Caves area.
- Added a menu item to send feedback messages and bug reports.
- Changed default setting for turning and acceleration sensitivity and added a note about this in the tutorial.
- Fixed a problem with gathering system info for bug reports on 10.15.x
The project to revive our old game SketchFighter 4000 Alpha is now completed!
The retro sketchbook style exploration metroidvania for macOS has now been released and is available on the App Store. Pilot your ship around a 2D graph paper world of interconnected zones. Fight bosses, upgrade your ship, find secrets and unlock new areas and challenges.
This revival edition features the full original single player adventure, adapted for modern macOS and wide screen monitors along with a bunch f little tweaks and improvements, click below to check it out!
A new version of the pattern creation and animation app Patternodes 2 has been released. It seems like the performance optimizations in Patternodes 2.3.0 caused a couple of bugs with the previews flickering or not updating correctly and the new update mainly focusses on fixing those problems.Version 2.3.1 changes and improvements
- Fixes flickering or lack of updates in the main preview in some situations.
- Fixes a bug where the selection markers wouldn't update properly after deleting multiple nodes.
- Fixes node previews not updating correctly when graphic input is removed or the node is disabled.
- Node element caching is now always on instead of being a performance option.
- Adds deprecation warnings shown when using some legacy node types, along with a new option to turn these warnings off.
- Improvements to the Feedback dialogue technical info logs
The project to revive our old game SketchFighter 4000 Alpha has progressed nicely and is now in beta testing.
To find out more about the game or sign up for the beta, click below.
A new update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This update is very much a regular maintenance update with fixes to a number of smaller issues and adds a couple small of improvements.
- Negative Point aspect values are now allowed.
- Fixed a problem with loading files that use unavailable fonts.
- Fixed a small precision problem in the diagonal spacing of alternating raster points with the same spacing option enabled.
- Improved technical diagnostic information in the support/feedback dialogue.
- Improved connection security and handling of network problems during license syncing.
A new version of Patternodes 2 has been released. This new updates adds some new features with new functionality related to animation and randomization nodes, but primarily it brings a lot of performance improvements and bug fixes. The update also fixes a couple of issues related to working on a retina mac and some problems importing legacy files from Patternodes 1.Version 2.3.0 changes and improvements
- Greatly improved performance especially for working with animations and files with many elements.
- New Plateau Animated value function making it easier to make interesting animations where a value transitions between two constant levels.
- New Randomize Deep Change option in Group Randomize and Randomize Color nodes for applying individual changes to all sub elements without needing to flatten the group first.
- You can now rename Color nodes just like Value nodes.
- New setting for default new document size.
- New setting to include a set of default nodes or not in new documents.
- Improvements to editing values of linked node parameters.
- Connection context menu now shows total number of sub elements in multi-level groups.
- Fixes fullscreen preview being incorrectly scaled on retina screens.
- Fixes a potential hang when importing some legacy Patternodes 1 files.
- Fixes long delay when closing files with a lot of pattern elements.
- Fixes importing legacy Patternodes 1 files Randomize and Randomize Color nodes.
- Improved performance importing legacy Patternodes 1 files.
- Fixes a bug where the bottom pattern preview view would be the wrong size after closing the separate preview panel.
- Fixes a bug where drag offset markers wouldn't be properly updated when opening or closing the separate preview panel.
- Fixes incorrect total update times in the render info panel.
The Dice Bag 3d dice rolling app has been updated to version 1.0.9, with a couple of changes to make it more useful for remote dice rolling in these times of self isolation:
- Experimental iPad split-screen support. So you can run the app next to another app. (Works best if you launch Dice Bag first and then move it into the split screen mode)
- New option to add a roll number and timestamp to the interface, if you want to share rolls during remote sessions and show you're not cheating.
Back in 2006 we developed the top down exploration shooter/metroidvania Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha together with the now gone Ambrosia Software. I've now started a little side-project to try and get the game running on modern macs to re-release it here via Lost Minds. Click below to find out the current status of the project and sign up to be notified when/if it's ever re-released.
More Support and website updates
There have now been some further updates to the website, with some changes to the style and layout along with updates to the News and Support sections, with added functionality to filter news per product and with more support informations and resources.
There are some more changes planned, but instead of doing them all at once they're going to be implemented little by little. So if you see something that looks out of place or a little strange, it'll hopefully be fixed shortly and it's just a temporary consequence of something new and hopefully better being rolled out.
New version management system
There's now a new version management system in place for the applications on lostminds.com. This will manage all downloads, updates and version change logs. There were a couple of hours during the shift to the new system that updates were unavailable, but now everything should be working again.
While you might not notice much difference right now, this will hopefully make releases of future updates smoother and information across different channels more consistent.
The original 2.2.9 update to Patternodes had a bug in it that prevented new created unconnected nodes from displaying correctly. So now there's a quick fix 2.2.91 version available that fixes this problem. Thanks to everyone who reported this problem right away so we could fix it quickly!
Another update to the pattern creation and animation app Patternodes has been released. This time the focus is on fixing some bugs reported by users along with improving the memory management.Version 2.2.9 changes
- You can now pan around the node graph by dragging with middle mouse button.
- Improved memory management.
- Fixes animation export as numbered PDF files.
- Fixes problem with properly loading some connections to Change node selection parameters.
- Fixes Element index menu node icons being the wrong size.