SketchFighter 4000 Alpha
Today another update of Patternodes 3 has been released. The this new version makes some changes to the way colors are handled, with better support for non-rgb colors (like CMYK and Grayscale), but mainly it fixes a lot of big and small bugs.
New features and improvements:
- Better color model support. Color parameters can now be set and stored in different colorspaces/models (like Grayscale and CMYK) instead of always being converted to RGB and losing precision. This will also mean some exported colors will look different compared to older versions, so there is an option added in the settings to keep the old conversion to get the same output.
- Made it easier to find the Value Time function node by also placing it in a new Animation category in the add node menu.
- You can now use middle-mouse button for panning in the preview just like in the node editor view.
- Updated manual.
- Added link to user Discord channel in the Help menu.
- Some fixes and improvements to the Color node numeric color mode based on the new color model features.
- Fixed dragging a selection box outside of the node editor not scrolling it correctly.
- Fixed the cursor not resetting properly after middle-mouse button panning of the node editor view.
- Fixed issue where right-clicking a second time after dragging out a new connection would leave a broken connection with a loose end.
- Fixed issue where it was possible to duplicate the Artboart node, causing issues since there should only be one and it can't be deleted.
- Stability improvement and better error messages if something goes wrong during file exports.
- Stability improvement and better error messages when trying to save files that have invalid connections or nodes.
Some users have started a Discord channel for users of Vectoraster and Patternodes.
So if you're interested in discussing the apps, looking for help or want to connect with other users with check it out: Vectoraster and Patternodes discord
Today a new substancial update of Patternodes 3 has been released. The new release adds a lot of improvements and new features to enable making data-driven illustrations and animations with the addition of CSV vale table imports, conditional group selection and conditional value nodes amongst other things. With the release new sample files have been added to the application bundle to show off these new features, as well as two new videos on the youtube channel.
New features and improvements:
- New Value Table node lets you import and edit value tables and use in you node graph, enabling a lot of new data visualization usecases.
- New Value Condition node lets you set up new complex logic rules for linked values.
- New Condition mode in the Group Select node lets you select elements based on size or position rules.
- New Value Function node replaces the Value Remap node and lets you remap value ranges with a lot more control using many different functions.
- New data visualization and tutorial sample files added.
- The Group Apply function node can now use element size as an input parameter.
- Improved SVG import path parsing.
- Updated Sparkle version checking and updates library.
- Improved Import Node aspect correction when switching import mode or loading new graphics, and a restore original aspect context menu item as been added.
- Fixed Group Select node not working properly when input was a single element.
- Fixed a bug where it would be impossible to delete nodes with Node index parameters if there were no change or repeater nodes.
- Fixed Group Select node not displaying selection preview correctly if no elements were selected.
- Fixed value function previews not updating as noise function parameters were changed.
- Fixed drag highlight outline being shown on file areas even if the dragged file was not in a supported format.
- Adjustments and corrections to some parameter tool tips and node help texts.
- You can no longer (incorrectly) add animation tracks to math expression parameters.
Another new update of Patternodes 3 has been released with a couple of smaller improvements and fixes:
Changes and improvements:
- The Change Color node can now be used to set fill or stroke color on elements with no fill or stroke opacity.
- Added new preferences setting for default in/out easing type of new added keyframes.
- Added some new warnings messages explaining some situations where Change Color and Change Opacity nodes will not show any visible change.
- Fixes timeline animation track selection not updating correctly when deleting tracks.
- Undoing deleting selected nodes now properly selects them again after restoring the nodes.
Another small update of Patternodes 3 has been released with some additional little fixes and improvements:
Changes and improvements:
- Nodes with a min-max value range (like the Apply Function node) now have a node menu option to quickly reverse the range.
- Value parameter pairs with aspect locked no longer break the aspect ratio if you change the values to zero and back.
- Fixes a bug in Change Pivot Node when calculating element group pivot points.
- Fixes a bug when calculating element group pivot when changing element offsets in an already offset group.
- Added warning and explanation if the Value Cap node is set to an invalid range of values.
A new update of Patternodes 3 has been released with some fixes and a couple of improvements to the Element Text node:
Changes and improvements:
- Added option to use Size as Font size instead of height for single characters in the Text Element node, and clarified how this works in text box mode and multi-charater texts.
- Fixes custom blend modes not being applied correctly to path element strokes.
- Fixes a Element Text node bug causing some characters (like *) not to be centered correctly in single character non-textbox mode.
A new version of Patternodes 3 have been released with the following fixes and improvements:
- Added an Import Image menu item as an alternative method of adding import nodes via selecting a file.
- Fixes a crash when trying to apply a group pack node on a single element.
- Fixes a bug where deleting a node with connections between parameters in the node would leave loose connections behind.
- Fixes an issue where the locked aspect of recently imported image sizes would not be correct if the parameter was changed.
- Added node warning messages explaining Group Distribute and Group Pack nodes have no effect with a single element input.
- Fixes some formatting in the node reference and a bug showing parameter options in the help text that should be hidden.
A new updates of Patternodes 3 have been released, with some additional fixes and improvements:
- When a node has a warning related to missing input or output connections the socket now gets a visual mark to help show where the problem is.
- Changed preferences interface so changes are applied immediately.
- Fixes an error message about incorrectly triggering on exports.
- Added some improved error messages for export issues.
Two small updates of Patternodes 3 have been released, with some additional fixes and improvements:
- Fixes issues with Change Clip node not correctly being able to invert some clipping paths.
- Fixes value parameters sometimes staying disabled after input connections are removed.
- The Change Clip node now doesn't show the Apply To mode control since it's not relevant.
- Smoother handling of remotely deployed license unlocking, not showing the trial mode notice while the license is verified.
- Prevents a flicker of node warning messages as new nodes are added on connections.
- Fixes a Random Value node issue where the min value would be left disabled after off turning +/- range.
Thanks to everyone sending feedback, reporting bugs and issues so we can get them fixed!
Today another small update of the new Patternodes 3 has been released, with some additional fixes:
- Fixes incorrect size of exported SVG elements when exporting with a scaled export size.
- Fixed a crash using apply to Single mode in Change Replace node.
- Fixes an issue where exported GIF animations would sometimes get incorrect color palettes on macOS 11 and earlier.
- Optimization of value function graph UI updates.