SketchFighter 4000 Alpha
A new update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This update makes a number of small improvements and fixes a lot of issues related to converting/importing more complex projects from Vectoraster 7.
8.4.7 Changes and improvements
- Optimized Randomization distortion.
- Improved generation and rendering progress updates for long processes.
- Updated manual and bundled sample files.
- Improved conversion of legacy source measurement exponent parameters when importing Vectoraster 7 files.
- Fixes a bug with dynamic distortion strength parameters in rasters with raster offset.
- Fixes initial loading preview image incorrect aspect for zoomed in rasters.
- Fixes source color/light filterers not being applied when the document legacy blur setting was enabled.
- Fixes an issue with converting some dynamic distrortion strength settings from legacy Vectoraster 7 files.
- Fixes an issue with importing legacy Vectoraster 7 files with invalid incremental step parameters.
- Fixes an issue with importing use source color mix parameters from legacy Vectoraster 7 files.
- Fixes an issue with converting separate Y spacing in alternating grid legacy Vectoraster 7 files.
Some users have started a Discord channel for users of Vectoraster and Patternodes.
So if you're interested in discussing the apps, looking for help or want to connect with other users with check it out: Vectoraster and Patternodes discord
A new smaller update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This fixes some smaller issues after the recent macOS sandbox security update.8.4.7 changes:
- Fixed missing Print permission in sandbox entitlements.
- Fixed drag highlight outline being shown on file areas even if the dragged file was not in a supported format.
- Fixed incorrect disk write protection warning in the technical log.
A new update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. The primary change in this update is making Vectoraster a sandboxed application, a security measure that puts strict limitations on access to system features like file access. Everything should still work as before, but you might see a couple of extra confirmation dialogues at first about granting access if you export multiple files for example. In addition to just being better from a security perspective this change is also a step to ensure future macOS compatibility for when Apple decides to make this type of security mandatory for all applications.8.4.6 changes:
- Improved SVG custom point shape path mode imports.
- Application Sandbox for improved security and future macOS compatibility.
- Updated Sparkle version checking and updates library.
An update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This new version brings adds new dithering raster patterns, GIF animation export support and a couple of other fixes and improvements.8.4.5 changes:
- Added three new dithering raster patterns: Burkes, Atkinson and Bayer 4x4.
- Added support for exporting animations as animated GIFs.
- Added new preferences setting for default in/out easing type of new added keyframes.
- Fixed using trackpad pinch gestures to zoom in the preview.
- Fixed some issues with the export progress bar during repeated animation exports.
- Character point shape baseline pivot option is no longer turned on by default.
A new small update of Vectoraster 8 has been released. This update fixes some issues when exporting complex rasters with a lot of points to SVG or CSV data.
A new small update of Vectoraster 8 has now been released. This update fixes an issue with exporting animations to numbered files and makes some improvements to the interface.8.4.1 changes:
- Changed preferences interface so changes are applied immediately.
- Fixed an issue with exporting animations to numbered PNG or JPEG files.
- Interface performance improvements.
- Changed the default video export codec to H264.
- Added some improved error messages for export issues.
A new update of Vectoraster 8 has been released. The new 8.4 version brings support for using video sources, just like images. This means you can now make animations with moving images and use Vectoraster to generate complex video halftone filters/effects. Along with this the existing animation timeline means you can also dynamically animate all raster parameters to change along with the video, bringing a lot of possibilities.Vectoraster 8.4.0 changes
- Video source layers allowing you to apply raster effect to video and export the animated result.
- Greatly improved video export rendering performance.
- The YouTube videos links now correctly lead to the Vectoraster 8 videos playlist.
- Fixes the display raster / source slider opacity not updating the preview.
- Fixes an issue with the export progress panel hiding when the application was inactive.
- Smoother handling of remotely deployed license unlocking, not showing the trial mode notice while the license is verified.
After the release of the new Patternodes 3, a smaller update of Vectoraster 8 has now also bee released. This update fixes a couple of bugs and brings improvements to SVG imports along with a new app macOS 11-12 style icon to match the new Patternodes icon.8.3.3 changes:
- New macOS 11-style application icon.
- Improvements to SVG custom point shape parsing.
- Fixes some issues with UI panel animations.
- Fixes to some dark mode UI issues.
- Fixes holes still appearing in exports if exporting immediately after unlocking the full version.
- Updated to Sparkle 2.0 version checking and updating library.
Another update has now been released for Vectoraster 8. This update adds a new Unsharp mask sharpening filter you can use on all source layers and fixes a couple of bugs.8.3.2 changes:
- New Unsharp mask sharpening filter available for all source layers.
- Fixes an issue where the Export dialogue could become unresponsive on macOS 12.1 when opening it a second time.
- Handle loading or setting invalid animation duration or framerate better.