SketchFighter 4000 Alpha
for news and updates.
Another patch update is now making its way to the app store for SketchFighter 4000 Alpha.
You can now use the fire key like enter to dismiss most dialogues and quickly save at save stations, some extra hints have been added to help new players find their way in the early parts of the volcano and the sound playing code has been optimized for better performance.
The 1.2.3 update was released the next day, fixing a problem with the super beam in 1.2.2. Can't have problems with the super beam, now can we.
Another update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This update adds some improvements in terms of improves support for dragging and dropping image clippings from other applications to use as sources, and fixes some isses related to saving and loading VRaster files with a large number of points in the rasters and a bug withc zooming out too far with track pad zoom gestures.
In addition to this there are also some under the hood improvements to technical logging and error messages in case of various problems.
A new update of the password app DotPass for iOS and macOS has been released today. The new version brings a couple of changes and a new auto-copy feature. But most of all it's a maintenance update, bringing the app up to date with new macOS and iOS versions to ensure it keeps on working as it should in the future.
Version 1.5.0 changes
- New auto-copy password option.
- Interface adapted to new iOS/macOS dark/light mode and new controls.
- Pattern ghost-writing can now be toggled on/off when drawing the pattern.
- The password length toggle is now always shown.
DotPass is not a pasword manager in the traditional sense, as it doesn't store or send your passwords or account details anywhere. Instead DotPass gives you a way to get unique good passwords for all your different accounts using combinations of words you can remember and a graphics pattern that serves as your secret key. In short, passwords you can get back if you need them again, without anything stored that can be lost or stolen.
The next generation of Vectoraster, Vectoraster 8, is now in beta testing. There is no set release date yet, but most major features are now implemented and the plan is to test and improve the new version during the summer for release sometime after that. You can check it out below and sign up for a release notification or if you want to help out beta testing.
Some of the main planned new features in Vectoraster 8:
- Animation support. Animate raster parameters and export the result to video.
- New source layers model. Sources are now more like layers in other graphics software and can be moved, scaled and rotated individually and blended together.
- Improved preview drag editing. Edit source layers, gradients, distortions or raster pattern parameters by dragging graphical handles in the preview.
- Advanced noise sources. New dynamic noise layers generating perlin or billowing noise you can then apply to any parameter across the raster.
- Secondary point transformations. You can now apply two separate dynamic scaling or rotations to raster points, for example adding randomization to a source-based value.
- Dark Mode interface support. Interface now adapts to system interface mode, and lets you switch between dark mode and light mode.
Vectoraster 8 will require macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) to run.
If you're interested in Patternodes and want to get started with some basics there's now a tutorial with an introduction to animation in Patternodes over at Generative Hut. Just click below!
Product pages updated with news feed
Another round of improvements to the website have now been deployed. This time focused on the app product pages, which now have embedded news feeds filtered by tag. So now you can easily see recent updates to a particular product, right on the page for the product.
A new version of the pattern creation and animation app Patternodes 2 has been released. This new update add support for encoding exported videos in h.264 codec for improved compression, and all export settings are now saved per file. The update also fixes a couple of interface bugs and layout issues in the built in node reference.
You can find the full change log in the version history. Download the new version and try it out today, or update in the app.
Website and license system downtime
For a couple of hours today June 11 there were problems at our server causing the lostminds.com website and our license system to be unreachable. In other words you couldn't access the website, download or update your software or unlock newly purchased installations. In some cases it might also have reverted old installations to demo mode if they hadn't been used for a long time.
The problem has now been resolved, and all systems are up and running. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
There's now a small patch update making its way to the appstore for SketchFighter 4000 Alpha based on the reports and feedback from players of the initial release.
In short it fixes some small bugs and makes some of the first challenges in the game a little more forgiving, which will hopefully mean more players will have a fun time and get into the game.Changes and fixes
- Reduced health of the first Wasteland boss.
- Added mini map location marker for the optional Race track area.
- Reduced volcano lava particles on the way to the first volcano gate switch.
- Fixed some minor issues with the mini map in the Ice Caves area.
- Added a menu item to send feedback messages and bug reports.
- Changed default setting for turning and acceleration sensitivity and added a note about this in the tutorial.
- Fixed a problem with gathering system info for bug reports on 10.15.x
The project to revive our old game SketchFighter 4000 Alpha is now completed!
The retro sketchbook style exploration metroidvania for macOS has now been released and is available on the App Store. Pilot your ship around a 2D graph paper world of interconnected zones. Fight bosses, upgrade your ship, find secrets and unlock new areas and challenges.
This revival edition features the full original single player adventure, adapted for modern macOS and wide screen monitors along with a bunch f little tweaks and improvements, click below to check it out!