The vector graphics half-tone and raster tool Vectoraster has just been updated to v 7.1.7. If you're already a user you can just update from within the application, if not you can download it and try it out for free using the link below. If you're still using Vectoraster 6, this is a great time to upgrade for just $9.95.
Changes in 7.1.7
- Improved randomization algorithm to avoid artifacts and patterning in randomized rasters with a large number of of points. There?s an option to use the old random generator below the random seed setting in the document information panel.
- Changed to an SVG-based default custom shape file as EPS import has caused problems on some systems.
- Fixed a problem with compression artifacts appearing near edges when blurred sources where used for varied density raster patterns.
- Multi-threading stability improvements.
The iOS 3d dice rolling app Nice Dice has been updated and the new version is now available via the appstore.
The new version brings a couple of new features that lets you configure the interface and how you want to use the app. For example by introducing a new way of rolling dice by pressing a separate roll button instead of just tapping anywhere, and letting you hide more controls you many not be using in the rolling interface.
The update also tweaks and improves some aspects of locking and moving dice, as well as the dice collisions sounds and handling device gravity with changing device orientation.
The iOS and macOS password app Dotpass has been updated, and the new version is available on the appstore. The update fixes some small inconsistencies and keeps the app up to date under the hood.
Dotpass is a security solution for generating and keeping track of unique good passwords for all your accounts, without anything stored or transferred that can be hacked or lost.
A nice and comprehensive review of PatterNodes has been published over at CreatevePro.com.
Could be especially interesting to hear the reasoning on trying the software as a new user, interested in creating graphical patterns but unfamiliar with the node-based procedural approach.
Another small update patch was released today, fixing a bug where blurring non-square source images could result in a skewed output along with some other small improvements. Update or download today!
This update was originally released yesterday as 7.1.5, unfortunately this build had some stability problmes and has today been fixed and re-released as 7.1.6.
A new update to Vectoraster 7 has been released, and is now available to download for free or update from within the application.
With this update we're also cutting the price of upgrading from a previous version of Vectoraster to just $9.95. So if you're still using an earlier version of Vectoraster, this is a great time to upgrade.Changes in 7.1.4
- You can now quickly use the mouse scroll wheel to edit values in value fields.
- Fixes some problems with pasting in vector custom point shapes from Illustrator.
- Added new option to gradient sources to maintain the aspect of the rendered gradient when used in non-square raster artboards, instead of scaling it to fit.
- Fixes to make sure the source image size and document size dialogues show sizes in the correct length units.
Seems like the physics simulation in the last version of the iOS dice rolling app Nice Dice was a little too realistic, in the sense that the dice could fly off the table if you shook your device too much.
The new version hopefully fixes this, and also adds a new interface setting letting you lock the interface to portrait mode on the iPhone version (or not).
Today a new small update to Vectoraster has been released and is available for free download or update from within the app.
The update fixes some stability issues, fixes some issues for first-time users and adds the new feedback dialogue recently added to PatterNodes. So now getting in touch with suggestions, praise, complaints or bugreports will hopefully be a smoother process.
Today a new update patch to the parametric pattern creation software Patternodes has been released, you can download it for free or use the update feature in the application to update.Changes in version 1.8.4
- Fixes a bug where exported animated GIFs would not loop properly in some browsers.
- Fixes some problems with resizing of preview and note nodes.
- Improved feedback and bug-reporting dialogue for users not using the Apple Mail client.
- Added links to lostminds.com support and Patternodes 2 beta testing information to the Help menu.
This will likely be the last update of Patternodes 1.x.x, as the next big update Patternodes 2 is now in development.
If you want to help beta test the new version or find out more, you can do so at lostminds.com/patternodes/beta_testing.php.
EDIT: This update was initially released as 1.8.3, but that build had some problems so it was rolled back fixed and re-released as 1.8.4.
Another small update has been released for Vectoraster 7 with a couple of bugfixes and improvements. Just update from within the application or click below to download the latest version.Changes in 7.1.2
- Improved handling of source images with transparency.
- Fixes a bug where using pdf or eps files as your source image could cause a crash.
- Some convenience improvements when dragging or pasting source images or custom point shapes into Vectoraster.
- A new user setting that when enabled removes the source image blur filter when a new source image is imported, to avoid confusion.