Another update for Patternodes 2 is now available for download. This version add two new nodes, Distribute and Pack, to let you work with spacing for elements in a group. For example useful if you first want to to some controlled randomizing of the lements, and then space the elements in a controlled way based on their new positions or sizes. Along with this the update also brings another set of fixes and improvements to various other areas of the application. Enjoy!Version 2.2.5 changes
- New Group Pack node letting you pack elements in a group horizontally or vertically with a set margin.
- New Group Distribute node letting you distribute elements in a group evenly horizontally or vertically.
- Fixes some graphical glitches in the preview view on high zoom on macOS 10.14.
- Better feedback when value fields fail to parse expressions or parameter formulas.
- Fixes some bugs with preview display scale after exporting.
- Smoother opening/closing of the separate preview panel.
- More improved node warning messages and warnings interface components.
- Better handling of problems when loading corrupted/unsupported and legacy files.
- Fixes some incorrect descriptions in the node reference.
A new update of the password app DotPass for iOS and macOS has been released today. DotPass is not a pasword manager in the traditional sense. Instead of storing or transmitting your passwords and account details like other password managers on the market DotPass gives you a way to recreate the same passwords if you ever need them again.
DotPass takes two unique components:
- A simple text seed word (like the site name), this is not so secret but easy to remember and unique for each account.
- You secret pattern, drawn in the dot grid. This is your secret, but can be reused and is also eaier to remember than a password.
From these two components a random-looking good password is generated that you can use for this account. A different one will be generated for each change in the pattern or seed word, so all your accounts will have unique passwords. However, as long as you remeber your pattern and the seen word you used, you can get your password back any time you need it. Without anything being saved on your device or in the cloud.Version 1.4.5 changes
- Better privacy and security default settings and improved pasteboard security
- Improved iOS/macOS system support and stability
- Fixes to seed word completion suggestions UI in the iOS app
Patternodes 2 has been updated and the new version is now available for download. This version adds a couple of small improvements, but mainly fixes a couple or bugs and problems related to importing and pasting in graphics from other apps to use in Patternodes.Version 2.2.4 changes
- The Grid repeater node now offers a grid height output socket in hex grid mode to make it easier to make seamless hex grids.
- The Element list node now supports input of up to 20 different elements instead of 10.
- Improvements to pasting/dragging graphics into the node graph.
- Fixes a bug where multiple pasted/imported graphics with the same name could be replaced with the same graphic when loading a file.
- Fixes some selection outline problems.
- Fixes a bug where exporting with a transparent background could instead export a solid black background.
Another update of Patternodes 2 is now available for download. This version adds a new group Explode node, that makes it easy to move group elements in relation to their center (pivot), and greatly improves the inline warning messages interface to make it easier to understand when something is going wrong and how to fix it.Version 2.2.3 changes
- New Group Explode node A new node that makes it easy to move elements in a group away from or towards the group pivot point.
- Better warnings UI Improved inline interface for node warning messages and more warnings.
- Smart initial node values Value and color nodes created by dragging from a parameter input socket now start out with the socket value.
- Fixed a bug with element nodes created by dragging from Artboard node sockets getting double connections.
- Added link to the lost code form in license code entry interface.
A small update to Vectoraster 7 has been released today. This update makes some minor changes and fixes a bug with the full screen preview feature.
A new update to the vector halftone app Vectoraster 7 has been released. This new update doesn't add any new exciting functionality like the previous updates, but it fixes a couple of bugs with source blur and importing high-resolution images to use as sources.
The macOS vector raster and halftone gradient app Vectoraster 7 has been updated today. The new version adds another exiting way to vary any dynamic parameter, based on the point index. In less technical terms this lets you vary things based on the order of the points, like rotating every other point in the raster. This can let you make many interesting patterns in th eraster points that you can then combine with gradient or halftone-variations on other values. Make sure to check out the new included Alternating stars sample file as an introduction.
Along with this there are also the usual batch of bug fixes and smaller interface improvements to make Vectoraster easier to use.Changes in 7.4.2
- Index-based values You can now vary parameter based on point order, for changing the color or transformation of every other point in the raster.
- Some interface fixes and adjustments.
- Improvements to mouse wheel zooming and scrolling.
- Added link to the lost code form in license code entry interface.
Another update of Patternodes 2 is now available for download, with further bug fixes and focus on usability improvements and expanding the dynamic elements and parameters features.
Most noticable is the new way you can quickly add new nodes connected to a parameter by simply dragging out a connection from the parameter and letting go in the editor. This will then let you select a new node to add, connected to the parameter. For example, it makes it very easy to say a parameter should be controlled by an animated or random value.
For more advanced users this update also makes some changes to how repeaters apply their spacing and transofrmations parameters, making it possible to use dynamic values to change the spacing based on for example row or repeater index.Version 2.2.2 changes.
Patternodes now requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Quicker node creation You can now add new nodes by simply draggin out a connection from any node socket and releasing.
- Repeater nodes dynamic offsets (Repeat Transform, Grid and Radial) now work better with dynamic offset/scaling/rotation parameter values.
- You can now zoom in the preview with trackpad pinch gestures.
- Improvements to retaining node connections when changing node types.
- Fixed some undo/redo bugs related to changing connections.
- Fixed Artboard node set size preset menu shortcuts.
- Fixed Artboard node background opacity not updating correctly with connected values.
- Apple application notarization (New Apple security requirements).
- Improvements to update checking.
- Updates to sample files. (Available from the Help menu)