The vector halftone and pattern app Vectoraster 7 has been updated today. The new version fixes some bugs and adds some small improvements, while also updating some under-the-hood frameworks to the latest version in preparation for the 7.4 update which is planned to bring some more substantial new features.Changes in 7.3.8
- Preferences panel reorganized.
- Fixes some bugs related to changing document artboard size.
- Fixes a bug with raster distortion strengths in imported Vectoraster 6 files.
- Parameter interface layout tweaks.
- Updates to frameworks for updates, license handling and general macOS support.
The recent influx of new Patternodes 2 users has meant a lot of new feedback and bug-reports have been coming in. So here's another update of Patternodes 2with further improvements and fixes. I think all users will notice some nice usability improvements when it comes to handling connections, previews and adding nodes on connections.
While perhaps a little technical the most exiting to me is probably the new method for re-using random parameter values in dynamic elements by linking to parameters using random values. For example assigning a random size to elements and then assigning an opacity based on the size like in the example above.Version 2.2.0 changes.
- Improvements to adding and removing nodes on value or color connections.
- Improvements to connection preview (right-click connections) for graphics connections and color connections.
- You can now reuse the same random value by linking one parameter to a random value node, and then others to that parameter. A new sample file 'Reusing random values' showing this added.
- The Group Arrange node can now be applied to selected elements only and move these to the front or back of the group.
- In all change nodes apply to random selection now lets you offset this random selection.
- Re-structured and cleaned up the preferences panel, removing some old redundant settings.
- Updates to manual and sample files (Find them in the Help menu).
- Fixes a bug with the Align node align group elements left and top.
- Fixes a bug where math nodes converted from other value nodes would not work properly.
- Fixes a bug where automatic spacing calculations would not update automatically when the artboard size was changed by a connected value node.
- Fixes interface problems for macOS 10.14 users with dark mode.
A new version of the node-based vector pattern and animation design application Patternodes has been released. The new version adds a bunch of small additions, fixes and improvements, and is now available as a free update for all users.Version 2.1.9 changes.
- The Arc wedge shape in the Element Shape Node can now be given an inner diameter.
- Rounded polygons and Star shapes in the Element Shape node can now get pointy negative rounding.
- Added support for relative adjustments in the Change Opacity and Change Stroke nodes.
- New context menu shortcuts on the Artboard node to apply preset artboard sizes.
- Improvements to node connection usability.
- Improvements to node placement when adding new nodes on connections.
- Fixes a bug with the Group Apply Function node, pivot distance mode for groups of element groups.
- Fixes a bug with incorrect first regeneration when toggling dynamic elements off and on in repeater nodes.
- Apple Hardened runtime security features.
Another update to Vectoraster 7 released today. The new version fixes a couple of bugs we found after the last update and adds the support for negative shape smoothing values, letting you make new pointy shapes. While it might seem like a small change it also tweaks the way the parameter value sliders adjust their value range dynamically, which we think will be a major improvements to working with the software.Changes in 7.3.7
- The Smoothing parameter for polygon point shapes (and more) now accepts negative values, letting you make new pointy shapes.
- Improved adaptive value ranges for parameter sliders.
- New setting to toggle GPU accelerated interface rendering on/off. Default is on for retina macs.
- Fixes a bug with launching Vectoraster by double-clicking some .VRaster files.
Today another update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. The new version primarily improves performance, both in rendering rasters and interface responsiveness in general, especially on macOS 10.14 systems and retina macs. There are also som bugfixes and new options in the Multi-scale utility to let you scale stroke parameters as well.Changes in 7.3.6
- Performance improvements, especially on macOS 10.14 and retina macs.
- Multi-scale can now also scale point stroke along with pattern and point size.
- Fixes a bug with Multiscale not scaling radial raster patterns from the center.
- The disable interface animations setting now works as intended.
Today a new update to the vector halftone and gradient software Vectoraster 7 has been released. The new version includes some under the hood fixes and improvements, along with new variable point parameters for stroke and fill color opacity. So now you can vary your raster points in yet another way.Changes in 7.3.5
- New variable point fill and stroke opacity parameters.
- Improvements to display zooming.
- Improvements to Finder quicklook previews and file thumbnails.
- Fixes some interface bugs on macOS 10.14.
- Fixes a rare network full version unlocking bug.
Today another update of Patternodes has been released. The new version adds some improvements for finder previews (like icon thumbnails and sharper vector-previews for less complex graphics), and fixes some bugs. Update from within the application or download the new version and try it out free using the link below.Version 2.1.8 changes
- Improvements to Finder previews and thumbnails for .pnds files.
- Fixes some problems with SVG exports.
- Fixes a rare network full version unlocking bug.
A new version of the node-based vector pattern and animation design application Patternodes has been released. The new version fixes a couple of bugs and adds some minor interface tweaks, but the main change is an overhaul of the rendering back-end. This should result in better performance and stability, and a more stable foundation to build future update on.Version 2.1.7 changes.
- Performance improvements with new multithreaded rendering backend.
- Improvements to preview zooming and panning.
- You can now click/drag in animated value node graphs to change the current animation time.
- New and updated sample files (accessed from Help menu).
- Fixes some bugs with element clipping path rendering.
- Fixes some bugs with group-index based generation.
- Fixes some control clipping bugs on macOS 10.14.