The 3d dice app Nice Dice for iPhone and iPad has been updated.
The new version fixes a problem with iPhones with 3d-touch (6S and later) where it would be hard to lock dice by tapping them. Additionally it adds the option to speak the result of the dice when they've finished rolling.
Another update to Vectoraster 7 has just been released with some more improvements and fixes.Changes in 7.2.2
- Fixes a bug where TIFF, JPEG and PNG file exports would be double resolution on systems with retina screens.
- Improved compatibility with vector point shapes exported/copied from Sketch.
A new update to the vector halftone and patterns application Vectoraster 7 has just been released. The new update is mostly a maintenance and bug-fix update, but also includes a new quick full screen preview feature.Changes in 7.2.1
- New quick full screen preview, toggle with Command-F or using the new full screen button.
- Sources visible behind the raster in Vectoraster are now also shown in the Finder file previews.
- Some bug fixes and system required updates under the hood.
- Improved support features with network diagnostics for update/unlocking problems.
The second generation of the macOS procedural graphics design and pattern creation tool Patternodes is now in beta testing. The new version will be an overhaul of more or less everything in the application, with new features and improvements across the board.
You can read more about Patternodes 2 by clicking below. And if you like what you read you can sign up to be notified when it's released.
Vectoraster 7 system requirement changed to macSO 10.11
While the ambition was to keep supporting macOS 10.9 and later for Vectoraster 7 it seems we haven't been able to make some of the new features added in later updates fully compatible.
We've therefore pushed the system requirements for Vectoraster 7 up to macOS 10.11 for the current version 7.2.0. For users with macOS 10.10 or 10.9 who are having problems with the software you can download an earlier version of Vectoraster 7 from the Legacy downloads page and moving forward only the last compatible version should be offered via the application updating feature.
The vector graphics half-tone and raster tool Vectoraster has just been updated to 7.2.0. The new version adds new dynamic Text sources, letting you make text-based raster effects within Vectoraster and adds a bunch of interface usability and support improvements.
If you're already a user you can just update from within the Vectoraster, if not you can download it and try it out for free using the link below. For Vectoraster 6 users there's a great upgrade offer.
Changes in 7.2.0
- New Text source type, letting you generate type source images with your choice of text, font etc to base your raster on.
- New interface icons and improved help and support tools in the Help menu.
- VRaster files now get thumbnail icons for use in Finder when saved (can be turned off in the settings).
- New setting to change the interface background color.
The iOS 3d dice rolling app Nice Dice has been updated and the new version is now available via the appstore.
The new version fixes some graphical glitches for iOS 9 users that the previous updates introduced and adds new ways of customizing the app. You can now in a more consistent way turn on and off different interface components (like buttons, result displays etc) and configure what happens when you tap the board, when you tap dice, shake the device etc. So more of you can set up the app to work the way you want it.
The vector graphics half-tone and raster tool Vectoraster has just been updated to v 7.1.7. If you're already a user you can just update from within the application, if not you can download it and try it out for free using the link below. If you're still using Vectoraster 6, this is a great time to upgrade for just $9.95.
Changes in 7.1.7
- Improved randomization algorithm to avoid artifacts and patterning in randomized rasters with a large number of of points. There?s an option to use the old random generator below the random seed setting in the document information panel.
- Changed to an SVG-based default custom shape file as EPS import has caused problems on some systems.
- Fixed a problem with compression artifacts appearing near edges when blurred sources where used for varied density raster patterns.
- Multi-threading stability improvements.