Today another update to Patternodes 2 was released. This update brings some additional usability improvements and bugfixes.Version 2.1.2 changes.
- Math node formulas now let you edit constants in formulas using the hover control sliders, steppers etc like regular values.
- Improvements to node index selection controls.
- Improvements to version checking and updating.
- Improvements to purchase/unlock dialogue.
- Added selected artboard outline.
- Fixed a bug with Group Apply Function node element selection offsets.
- Fixed a bug with adding clipping masks to transformed element groups.
Today a new smaller update to Patternodes 2 was released. This update primarily fixes a couple of bugs in the 2.1.0 release. The new version also adds a new feature that highlights elements in the preview created or modified my the currently selected node. This doesn't affect export and you can turn it off in the settings if you don't want it, but hopefully it'l make it easier for everyone to keep track of what nodes apply to what elements.
A new update to Patternodes 2 has now been released. This update adds a lot of new features making the dynamic elements and element index features more powerful, as well as adding a lot of other improvements along with a new Align node and some bug fixes.Version 2.1.0 changes.
- New Element Index node lets you access different repeater indexe values (like Row, Column etc) when using repeaters with dynamic elements enabled.
- New Align node lets you align elements in relation to the artboard or internally in a group.
- New Element list node allowing you to use different alternative elements in a dynamic repeater pattern.
- Improved Value List and Color List nodes, with built in element index modes and a new index offset parameter great for animating random or index-based value sets.
- Node connections now have drag handles at both ends by default, and there a new setting to control what ends have handles.
- The Repeat Transform node now has an Auto spacing mode, calculating spacing based on count and total repetition area similar to the Repeat Grid node.
- Option to skip frames in animation previews when rendering is slow.
- Math formula parameter fields can now be edited while a preview animation is running, just like value fields.
- Fixes a bug that could cause the value parameter hover controls to disappear in some situations.
- Fixes a bug that could cause tinted bitmap image elements to render at low resolution.
- Fixes a bug with pivot point adjustments for element groups.
As you're all probably very aware of the EU data protection directive GDPR is now in effect and puts new requirements on organizations to be transparent about their data collection and usage. Here's a short version of what we collect and use:
- Website visits and downloads are tracked only on our own server using Matomo, no big-data/third party analytics or ads. This information is only used to track product popularity and discover problems on the website.
- Mac product purchases are handled by Paddle and we keep and maintain a database of your license information so that we know who owns the software.
- Mac product usage is tracked when unlocking and upgrading our mac products, we log these checks along with software and macOS versions to keep track of software usage and detect piracy attempts and problems with updates.
In all these cases IP addresses are masked and no information is sold or shared with a third party. There are now links to this information in our software and on all our web pages, you can find out more detailed information below.
A new update of Vectoraster 7 has been released. This update adds a new pill point shape you can use in your rasters, with variable length and size, along with all the usual other transformations.
Download and try it out now or update from within the application.
Another update of the vector pattern and animation application Patternodes 2 has been released. Primarily the new version adds SVG export support, but also fixes some bugs:Version 2.0.5 changes
- Adds SVG format export support, including animated SVG export of animations(!).
- Improved image quality (lower compression) in MOV and MPEG4 animation exports.
- Fixes a bug with centering arc path elements in the Change Pivot node.
- Fixes a bug with the Apply Function node horizontal/vertical mode used on rotated groups.
A new update of the vector pattern and animation application Patternodes 2 has been released with the couple of fixes and improvements:
- Fixes a scaling bug in MOV, MPEG4 and GIF animation exports on retina macs.
- Improved node illustrations and descriptions in the built-in node reference guide.
- Some smaller fixes and adjustments in node interfaces.
A new update of Vectoraster 7 has been released. The new version brings some smaller bug-fixes and two improvements:
- Improved configuration or structured and random varied density raster patterns. Letting you set a separate vertical spacing for these patterns, as shown above.
- Improvements to bitmap format export (TIFF, JPG, PNG), with better print size and resolution settings that are now properly stored in the exported image files.