Vectoraster is a graphics design app for creating custom vector halftones, stipple designs or animated raster effects based on imported images or dynamic elements like gradients, text or noise fields.
The halftone patterns and point shapes can be changed and varied across the pattern to produce many different styles. The resulting effect is always shown, with the preview updating in real time as you change parameters. The result can then easily be exported as vectors to SVG, PDF or EPS files, as images to JPEG, PNG or TIFF, or simply copied and pasted into most graphics software.
With Vectoraster 8 you can now also animate all these effects to create transitions, video backgrounds or other effects to use in your motion design projects. The result can be exported either as GIF, MOV or MPEG4 video files or a sequence of frame pdf or image files.
There is a collection of projects that could work as inspiration for what you could use Vectoraster for here on Behance:Inspiration on Behance
- Many different point shape types, including circles, polygons, font characters, lines and imported custom vector shapes or images.
- Detailed control of how you want point shape, transformation and color to vary over the raster.
- Base how the raster points vary on source images, gradients, text or noise fields you define live in Vectoraster.
- Advanced line raster mode with lines of varying width instead of points.
- Many different halftone raster patterns with detailed control of how the points are placed.
- Easily rotate and offset the halftone pattern, and add multiple distortions like randomization, waves and twists.
- Vary the strength of pattern distortions using sources for dynamic effects.
- Import video files to use as animated source layers to base your halftones on, creating complex video filter effect.
- Animate raster point, pattern or source properties using a keyframe-based timeline interface.
- Copy raster output and paste it straight into most graphics software.
- File export to PDF or SVG for vector output, or JPEG, PNG or TIFF for pixel output.
- Export point data (location, size, angle and color) to a CSV file for further CAD or other processing.
- Animation export to Quicktime MOV, MPEG4 or a sequence of image frame files.
Vectoraster 8 future development
Reviews and sites
Links to reviews or features of Vectoraster 8 on other sites.
The online purchase process is handled quickly and securely by Paddle.com.
After you complete your purchase you will immediately be given access to your license codes and information on how to unlock the full version of your software. You will also be sent two e-mails from Paddle to the address you've specified. One receipt for your records and one titled "Your <Product> Paddle.com Order" containing your license code and unlocking information.