Vectoraster 8 in development
The next generation of Vectoraster, Vectoraster 8, is now in beta testing. There is no set release date yet, but most major features are now implemented and the plan is to test and improve the new version during the summer for release sometime after that. You can download and purchase the current version here Vectoraster 7.
Some of the main planned new features in Vectoraster 8:
- Animation support. Animate raster parameters and export the result to video or a sequence of frame files.
- New source layers model. Sources are now more like layers in other graphics software and can be moved, scaled and rotated individually and blended together.
- Improved preview drag editing. Edit source layers, gradients, distortions or raster pattern parameters by dragging graphical handles in the preview.
- Advanced noise sources. New dynamic noise layers generating perlin or billowing noise you can then apply to any parameter across the raster.
- Secondary point transformations. You can now apply two separate dynamic scaling or rotations to raster points, for example adding randomization to a source-based value.
- Apply file raster settings. You can now quickly apply all raster settings from a different VRaster file, while retaining the sources in the current file.
- Dark Mode interface support. Interface now adapts to system interface mode, and lets you switch between dark mode and light mode.
Vectoraster 8 will require macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or later.All this information is subject to change, and more new features and information will be added here as development continues.
If you want to be notified when Vectoraster 8 is released, use the form below to submit your name and e-mail. This information will only be stored and used for this one e-mail release notification and will be deleted after that.
If you're interested in helping out as a beta tester you can check the beta testing box. If you do this you'll be notified when there is a beta build ready for testing and you'll get a beta testing license code. If you complete the testing and report back, this will be converted to a full license when Vectoraster 8 is released, so you'll get the new version for free.
Sign up for release notification or to be a beta tester using the field below.