Vectoraster 8 version history
Version 8.0.3 Released 2020-10-23
- Added new 'Paste replace source image' Edit menu item to quickly replace the selected source layer image.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for the paste source image menu items.
- Fixed an issue with JPEG exports sometimes failing and causing problems with other exports after this.
- Made the raster-sources display slider more responsive to quick changes.
Version 8.0.2 Released 2020-10-01
- Improved editing animation keyframe values when using drag editing in the preview.
- Fixes an issue where enabling disabled animation tracks would not refresh the preview in some cases.
- Optimized rendering of composited source layer preview.
- Tweaks to preview zoom adjustments when opening/closing the animation panel.
- Fixes a 1px preview edge alignment issue at some zoom levels.
Version 8.0.1 Released 2020-09-21
- Setting a Gradient or Image source layer size height or width to a negative value now mirrors it.
- The progress bar for longer generation processes is now more prominent with a point counter along with rendering percent.
- Better handling when entering invalid math expressions in value fields.
- Adjustments to rendering of some interface elements.
- Correctly (don't) render Text source layers with zero size.
Version 8.0.0 Released 2020-09-01
Main changes and new features
- Animation support. Animate raster and source parameters and export the result to video or a sequence of frame files.
- New source layers model. Sources are now more like layers in other graphics software and can be moved, scaled and rotated individually and blended together.
- Apply file raster settings. You can now quickly apply all raster settings from a different VRaster file, while retaining the sources in the current file.
- Improved preview drag editing. Edit source layers, gradients, distortions or raster pattern parameters by dragging graphical handles in the preview.
- Advanced noise sources. New dynamic noise layers generating perlin or billowing noise you can then apply to any parameter across the raster.
- Secondary point transformations. You can now apply two separate dynamic scaling or rotations to raster points, for example adding randomization to a source-based value.
- Dark Mode interface support. Interface now adapts to system interface mode, and lets you switch between dark mode and light mode.
Additional changes and improvements
- Many improvements and changes to the interface to make it more compact and responsive.
- Measure mode (Darkness, Alpha or RGB/CMYK channels) is now set per parameter instead of per source, so different parameters can measure different channels from the same source.
- New shortcut in the parameter function menu to quickly swap min/max values, inverting any dynamic parameter.
- New simplified way of quickly setting point fill or stroke color based on sources.
- Sources - Raster display slider. Easily change preview display to show your sources, raster or both depending on what you're working with.
- New settings for default new document size and source layer.
- Improved source layer filtering, with blur, brightness, contrast and saturation adjustment for each source.
- New helpful warning messages explaining why certain combinations of parameter settings result in nothing being drawn.
- Moved and clarified settings for removing raster points based on size and/or variable chance.
- You can now use middle mouse button to drag and pan when zoomed in, including when drag editing other parameters.
- Export settings are now saved per file, so you can quickly reuse the settings you used last in a file.
- Separate vertical spacing is now more consistently used in different raster patterns.
- Offset and rotation of the random raster pattern is now consistent with offset and rotation of the other raster patterns.
- Variable raster pattern distortions can now be point index based as well as source based.
- Smoother new document handling, and a new setting not to open a new document at startup.
- CSV export now includes point rotation data and uses the user set length units.
- Improved memory management.