Vectoraster 8 version history
Version 8.0.0 Released 2020-09-01
Main changes and new features
- Animation support. Animate raster and source parameters and export the result to video or a sequence of frame files.
- New source layers model. Sources are now more like layers in other graphics software and can be moved, scaled and rotated individually and blended together.
- Apply file raster settings. You can now quickly apply all raster settings from a different VRaster file, while retaining the sources in the current file.
- Improved preview drag editing. Edit source layers, gradients, distortions or raster pattern parameters by dragging graphical handles in the preview.
- Advanced noise sources. New dynamic noise layers generating perlin or billowing noise you can then apply to any parameter across the raster.
- Secondary point transformations. You can now apply two separate dynamic scaling or rotations to raster points, for example adding randomization to a source-based value.
- Dark Mode interface support. Interface now adapts to system interface mode, and lets you switch between dark mode and light mode.
Additional changes and improvements
- Many improvements and changes to the interface to make it more compact and responsive.
- Measure mode (Darkness, Alpha or RGB/CMYK channels) is now set per parameter instead of per source, so different parameters can measure different channels from the same source.
- New shortcut in the parameter function menu to quickly swap min/max values, inverting any dynamic parameter.
- New simplified way of quickly setting point fill or stroke color based on sources.
- Sources - Raster display slider. Easily change preview display to show your sources, raster or both depending on what you're working with.
- New settings for default new document size and source layer.
- Improved source layer filtering, with blur, brightness, contrast and saturation adjustment for each source.
- New helpful warning messages explaining why certain combinations of parameter settings result in nothing being drawn.
- Moved and clarified settings for removing raster points based on size and/or variable chance.
- You can now use middle mouse button to drag and pan when zoomed in, including when drag editing other parameters.
- Export settings are now saved per file, so you can quickly reuse the settings you used last in a file.
- Separate vertical spacing is now more consistently used in different raster patterns.
- Offset and rotation of the random raster pattern is now consistent with offset and rotation of the other raster patterns.
- Variable raster pattern distortions can now be point index based as well as source based.
- Smoother new document handling, and a new setting not to open a new document at startup.
- CSV export now includes point rotation data and uses the user set length units.
- Improved memory management.