Patternodes 3 in development
The next generation of Patternodes, Patternodes 3, is now in the early stages of development. There's no planned release date set yet, but it will probably be in 2021. You can download and purchase the current version here Patternodes 2.
Some new features planned in Patternodes 3:
Main changes and new features
- New keyframe animation. New system for animating node properties using keyframes and a new timeline view.
- Improved drag editing. Improved support for selecting and editing node parameters by clicking and dragging in the preview.
- Redesigned interface. Cleaned up modern interface style with support for dark/light mode and animations.
- Improved performance. Rebuilt core components for faster generation and a more responsive interface.
- Improved parameter pairs. Allowing variable aspect locks and value change and dynamic connections to either parameter.
- Redesigned dynamic index features. Clarified system for generating dynamic input to nodes.
Additional changes and improvements
- Improved Artboard node layer management with new duplicate layer feature.
- Element Shape node Circle changed to Ellipse with separate height and width, with optional aspect lock.
- Change Color and Apply Graphics now have a color mix parameter to make it easy to gradually apply a color.
- The dynamic index functionality has been renamed 'Node index' to be more consistent and easy to understand.
- The old generic 'Group index' has been replaced with named node indexes for all applicable Change and Group nodes.
- Improved per document display settings controlling selection outlines and artboard repetition display.
- Improved Value Round node, with settings for rounding direction and number of decimals.
- Updated and replaced old components for future compatibility.
You can take part and vote for different ideas for the future development of Patternodes, or submit your own, here: Patternodes development feature feedback
If you want to be notified when Patternodes 3 is released, use the form below to submit your name and e-mail. This information will only be stored and used for this one e-mail release notification and will be deleted after that.
If you're interested in helping out as a beta tester you can check the beta testing box. If you do this you'll be notified when there is a beta build ready for testing and you'll get a beta testing license code. If you complete the testing and report back, this will be converted to a full license when Patternodes 3 is released, so you'll get the new version for free.
Sign up for release notification or to be a beta tester using the field below.