SketchFighter 4000 Alpha
Another update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This update adds some improvements in terms of improves support for dragging and dropping image clippings from other applications to use as sources, and fixes some isses related to saving and loading VRaster files with a large number of points in the rasters and a bug withc zooming out too far with track pad zoom gestures.
In addition to this there are also some under the hood improvements to technical logging and error messages in case of various problems.
The next generation of Vectoraster, Vectoraster 8, is now in beta testing. There is no set release date yet, but most major features are now implemented and the plan is to test and improve the new version during the summer for release sometime after that. You can check it out below and sign up for a release notification or if you want to help out beta testing.
Some of the main planned new features in Vectoraster 8:
- Animation support. Animate raster parameters and export the result to video.
- New source layers model. Sources are now more like layers in other graphics software and can be moved, scaled and rotated individually and blended together.
- Improved preview drag editing. Edit source layers, gradients, distortions or raster pattern parameters by dragging graphical handles in the preview.
- Advanced noise sources. New dynamic noise layers generating perlin or billowing noise you can then apply to any parameter across the raster.
- Secondary point transformations. You can now apply two separate dynamic scaling or rotations to raster points, for example adding randomization to a source-based value.
- Dark Mode interface support. Interface now adapts to system interface mode, and lets you switch between dark mode and light mode.
Vectoraster 8 will require macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) to run.
A new update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This update is very much a regular maintenance update with fixes to a number of smaller issues and adds a couple small of improvements.
- Negative Point aspect values are now allowed.
- Fixed a problem with loading files that use unavailable fonts.
- Fixed a small precision problem in the diagonal spacing of alternating raster points with the same spacing option enabled.
- Improved technical diagnostic information in the support/feedback dialogue.
- Improved connection security and handling of network problems during license syncing.
Another update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This improves support for importing a whole range of new image 3:rd party formats to be used as source images or custom points, including photoshop psd, tga, raw and more.
In addition to this there are some under the hood fixes and improvements, and you can now access more detailed license information in the About panel.
Another small update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This updates adds access to your system Photos library via the browse dialogue (under Media in the sidebar) so you can easily use your photos as sources, and also fixes some issues with the font selection panel for Text sources.
I've added Vectoraster 7 to producthunt.com. So if you use that, take a look at let us know what you think!
A small update to Vectoraster 7 has been released today. This is another small patch, this time fixing a precision problem with exporting thin strokes on small filled point shapes.
A small update to Vectoraster 7 has been released today. This update makes some minor changes and fixes a bug with the full screen preview feature.
A new update to the vector halftone app Vectoraster 7 has been released. This new update doesn't add any new exciting functionality like the previous updates, but it fixes a couple of bugs with source blur and importing high-resolution images to use as sources.
The macOS vector raster and halftone gradient app Vectoraster 7 has been updated today. The new version adds another exiting way to vary any dynamic parameter, based on the point index. In less technical terms this lets you vary things based on the order of the points, like rotating every other point in the raster. This can let you make many interesting patterns in th eraster points that you can then combine with gradient or halftone-variations on other values. Make sure to check out the new included Alternating stars sample file as an introduction.
Along with this there are also the usual batch of bug fixes and smaller interface improvements to make Vectoraster easier to use.Changes in 7.4.2
- Index-based values You can now vary parameter based on point order, for changing the color or transformation of every other point in the raster.
- Some interface fixes and adjustments.
- Improvements to mouse wheel zooming and scrolling.
- Added link to the lost code form in license code entry interface.