Vlobs version history
Version 0.8.7 Released 2023-01-31Changes and improvements:
- Residual pop particles don't live as long.
- Performance adjustments to some effect shaders.
- Fixes Esc-button resuming game in settings menu when paused instead of first closing the settings.
- Fixed an issue where the vlobs bar animation would not finish in some cases, preventing level progression.
Version 0.8.6 Released 2023-01-29Changes and improvements:
- Added a new Fancy effects toggle in the settings to turn off post processing and reduce shadow quality on low-end machines.
- Added post processing glow and anti-aliasing (when Fancy effects is on).
- Tweaked pop/glow animations and effects with more particles and glow (when Fancy effects is on).
- New menu game start transition.
- More performance improvements.
- Fix taskbar and window app icon on Windows.
- Fixed offset Game Over Highscore animation on wide screen resolutions.
- Fix shadows disappearing on later levels where the camera is further away.
- Fix to accidental buttons clicks in the game over menu trying to place a last vlob on time up.
Version 0.8.5 Released 2023-01-18Changes and improvements:
- Changed Next Vlob generation to avoid some unlucky random sequences.
- Added extra UI feedback to the time bar to show when time is added.
- Changed Game mode selection to a second step after clicking Play in the main menu.
- Added a preview of the next piece in the game board cursor.
- Added gray color blobs in some color sets.
- Improved shadow quality.
- Added an additional game music track for more variation.
- Added some subtle shading to the UI overlay and progress bars.
- Added a transition effect when starting new game from the main menu.
- The Give Up button now appears a little earlier on later levels.
- Added support for both landscape orientations on mobile.
- Move camera a little closer on small mobile screens (phones).
- Some adaptations for future possible Web versions.
- Performance improvements.
- Fixed music bug where the game would get stuck on one specific track and keep looping that instead of picking the next.
- Fixed a bug with UI-scaling of the top left corner buttons in the in-game overlay.
- Fixed a bug where the Give up button would remain on screen after giving up and restarting.
Version 0.8.1 Released 2023-01-11Changes:
- Added an introduction hint to get started for first time players.
- The board cursor shadow now changes shape based on what you're placing next.
- Added a Give up button that is shown where there are just a few empty spaces left.
- Added a more pronounced animation to the last 10 sec tickdown animation for the time bar.
- Some improvement to shader pre-loading.
- Updated to new version of Godot engine.
- Fixed background gaps on edges of very wide screens.
Version 0.8.0 Released 2022-12-27Changes:
- New unlockable second game mode. 100% more stressful!
- Added more sound effects and tweaked some animations.
- Added a new game music track and music is now played in a randomized order.
- Added glow animations when UI bars fill up.
- Added a little idle animation to vlobs dots that triggers at random after a while.
- Added steam page wishlist link to main menu.
- Music and sound is now paused when game is in the background.
- Game is now automatically paused when game is in the background.
- Popmarks are no longer colored by vlob color.
- Fixed a bug where the first vlob could be an unexpected color when restarting right after reaching a level that introduced a new color.
- Placed vlobs connection markers are correctly rotated to match preview even if the board is rotated.
- Fixed a crash in 0.7.5 when restarting game while hovering mouse over a game object.
Version 0.7.5 Released 2022-12-20Changes:
- New mechanic for placing blocks on later levels to mix up gameplay.
- Added a hover animation to some special blocks to indicate they can be clicked.
- Made background a little lighter and smoother.
- Vlobs spawning is now more generous with ones and twos for the last tiles before game over.
- Performance improvements.
- There's now a secret fps counter you can toggle on by clicking in the top right corner.
- Added Godot license text to credits menu.
- Fixed a lighting bug with special blocks and vlob popping slights.
- Fixed bug where the UI would block placing blobs bottom right corner on some window sizes.
- Fixed bug where you could get stuck in connection select mode by selecting a connection during the transition animation.
Version 0.7.0 Released 2022-12-08Changes:
- New special blocks appearing on later levels offering a new mechanic to clear space.
- Improved level transition animations with growing gameboard, block spawning and color changes.
- More music tracks for a bit more variation during play.
- Added a frame that appears around the game board when it has reached full size to show it won't expand any more.
- Added Enter keyboard shortcut for all main recommended menu buttons (Play, Resume, Restart).
- Added Quit items to pause menu and game over screen to quit without needing to go to main menu first.
- Added board highlight if you click the next vlob preview, to hint you should click the board to place it.
- New music handling code the allows for cross-scene music playing and sequencing from music lists.
- Pre-loading of shaders to reduce stuttering when new shaders appear for the first time during game.
- Improvements to background shader coloring and lighting.
- New custom splash screen during startup.
- Performance improvements.
- Fixed fullscreen default setting not being applied correctly on first launch.
Version 0.6.4 Released 2022-12-05Changes:
- To make later level progression more rewardning the board now resizes in more horizontal and vertical steps up to the max.
- The background color now changes when new vlob colors appear for more visual variation.
- Set a minimum window size to avoid some scaling issues.
- Added feedback and bug report link to the main menu.
- Added itch.io link to the main menu.
- Fixed bug with being able to place blobs outside the board if you clicked on the edge.
- Fixed Play button in main menu losing y letter when resolution is scaled down.
- Detect if fullscreen has been changed the system and update game fullscreen setting to match.
- Fixed/improved adaptive UI scaling in Settings and Credits menus.
Version 0.6.3 Released 2022-11-30
First public testing build available on itch.io