Vectoraster is a graphics utility for creating custom vector halftones and line rasters based on images or gradients, based on images or dynamic gradients.
The halftone patterns and point shapes can be changed and varied across the pattern to produce many different styles. The resulting effect is always shown, with the preview updating in real time as you change parameters. The result can then easily be exported as vectors to EPS or PDF files, as images to JPEG, PNG or TIFF, or simply copied and pasted into most graphics software.
Earlier versions of Vectoraster 7, compatible with macOS 10.9 and 10.10 can be found here.
There is a collection of projects that could work as inspiration for what you could use Vectoraster 7 for here on Behance:Inspiration on Behance
- Many different point shape types, including circles, polygons, font characters and imported custom vector shapes or images.
- Detailed control of how you want point shape, transformation and color to vary over the raster.
- Base how the raster points vary on source images, gradients you define live in Vectoraster, or a combination.
- Advanced line raster mode with lines of varying width instead of points.
- Many different halftone raster patterns with detailed control of how the points are placed.
- Easily rotate and offset the halftone pattern, and add multiple distortions like randomization, waves and twists.
- Vary the strength of raster distortions using source images and gradients.
- Copy raster output and paste it straight into most vector graphics software.
- File export to EPS and PDF for vector output, and JPEG, PNG and TIFF for bitmap.
- Export point data (location and size) to a CSV file for further CAD or other processing.
New in Vectoraster 7
- Parametric gradient sources. In addition to using imported images as sources for your raster you can now define linear and radial gradients you can adjust in Vectoraster.
- More dynamic properties. Greatly increased the possibilities to have different point aspects, like shape, size and color, vary across the raster.
- New interface. Redesigned to be more consistent, efficient and responsive.
- Improved stroke and fill properties. Improved separate settings for point fill and stroke parameters that can be used individually or together.
- Flexible raster distortions. You can now combine multiple distortions to your raster pattern (like waves, twists or randomisations), each with improved individual control over position and scale.
RequirementsmacOS 10.11 or later.
An internet connection when unlocking the full version.
For more examples there is a small collection of examples of how you could use Vectoraster on Behance:Vectoraster inspiration on Behance
Reviews and sites
Links to reviews or features of Vectoraster 7 on other sites.
The online purchase process is handled quickly and securely by Paddle.com.
After you complete your purchase you will immediately be given access to your license codes and information on how to unlock the full version of your software. You will also be sent two e-mails from Paddle to the address you've specified. One receipt for your records and one titled "Your <Product> Paddle.com Order" containing your license code and unlocking information.