New version management system
There's now a new version management system in place for the applications on lostminds.com. This will manage all downloads, updates and version change logs. There were a couple of hours during the shift to the new system that updates were unavailable, but now everything should be working again.
While you might not notice much difference right now, this will hopefully make releases of future updates smoother and information across different channels more consistent.
The original 2.2.9 update to Patternodes had a bug in it that prevented new created unconnected nodes from displaying correctly. So now there's a quick fix 2.2.91 version available that fixes this problem. Thanks to everyone who reported this problem right away so we could fix it quickly!
Another update to the pattern creation and animation app Patternodes has been released. This time the focus is on fixing some bugs reported by users along with improving the memory management.Version 2.2.9 changes
- You can now pan around the node graph by dragging with middle mouse button.
- Improved memory management.
- Fixes animation export as numbered PDF files.
- Fixes problem with properly loading some connections to Change node selection parameters.
- Fixes Element index menu node icons being the wrong size.
The Dice Bag 3d dice rolling app has been updated again, this time to v 1.0.8, adding support of landscape/portrait auto rotation on iPad along with some other changes to fit the interface better on different devices.
The Dice Bag 3d dice rolling app has been updated to v 1.0.7, adding some nice refractive glass materials that a lot of users have been requesting along with a couple of new and improved glowing ones and two new tile pattern backgrounds.
The pattern creation and animation app Patternodes has been updated again. This time mostly a bunch of smaller tweaks and improvements.Version 2.2.8 changes
- Added/fixed support for importing many more image formats, including photoshop psd, tga, raw and more.
- Improvements to the Finder Quick Look file .pnds previews.
- Improved interface performance.
- Additional license information is now available from the About window.
- Improved connection security and handling of network problems during license syncing.
- Rendering info statistics panel is now an overlay in the main preview instead os a separate panel.
Another update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This improves support for importing a whole range of new image 3:rd party formats to be used as source images or custom points, including photoshop psd, tga, raw and more.
In addition to this there are some under the hood fixes and improvements, and you can now access more detailed license information in the About panel.
The Dice Bag 3d dice rolling app has been updated to v 1.0.6 today with some more changes and improvements:
- Added a new simulation speed setting to let you change how quickly the dice roll.
- Added a new dice size setting letting you change the size of the dice.
- Added a new toggle to turn the default centering pull on/off.
- New dice collision sounds for metal dice materials.
The Dice Bag 3d dice rolling app has been updated to v 1.0.5 today with a couple of changes and improvements:
- Moved re-roll and remove selected buttons down to make them easier to reach
- When selecting dice the total result of the selected dice is now shown
- Percent dice pairs now get counted correctly when detected and a % symbol in the result display
- Added new Metal Chrome dice material
- Made shake re-roll a little less sensitive
- Fixed UI not fitting on iPad Mini
Another small update to Vectoraster 7 has been released. This updates adds access to your system Photos library via the browse dialogue (under Media in the sidebar) so you can easily use your photos as sources, and also fixes some issues with the font selection panel for Text sources.
The Dice Bag 3d dice rolling app has been updated to v 1.0.3 today. The new version fixes a bug that could mess up things if you started rolling new dice while the sequence of a previous roll wasn't finished yet, and it also tweaks the physics and performance a little to make the rolling feel snappier and hopefully more realistic.
I've added Vectoraster 7 to producthunt.com. So if you use that, take a look at let us know what you think!
A new update for the vector graphics pattern and animation tool Patternodes 2 is now available for download. This new updates brings some new features and improvements to the Text node and Clipping mask node, as well as numerous other small fixes and improvements.Version 2.2.7 changes
- Improved Text element node with support for dynamic value based text and a new Text box mode with for better aligning and layout control. NOTE: This may mean some layout changes are needed for files using the old text node multi-line mode.
- Improved Clipping mask node now has an invert option that lets you use what's outside the clipping mask instead, and can be used to remove existing clipping paths.
- Math nodes now resize automatically to fit longer formulas.
- Fixes a bug where clicking out of the Artboard node size fields would revert values instead of applying changes.
- Leaving value fields empty now set them to 0 instead of showing a formula parsing error.
- Fixes a couple of issues with importing legacy Patternodes 1 files.
- Fixes bug with renaming artboard layers in some situations.
- Fixed a bug where the animation duration would initially be incorrect when loading longer animation files.
- You can now access pictures from your Photos albums when browsing to import graphics.
- Improved performance.
A small update to Vectoraster 7 has been released today. This is another small patch, this time fixing a precision problem with exporting thin strokes on small filled point shapes.
After the initial release the iOS dice rolling app Dice Bag has now been been updated twice, to 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 with a bunch of little tweaks and improvements based on your feedback:
- Percentile dice added (D10 with 10,20,30 etc sides) so you can roll a D100
- Better mixing roll animation and dice come to rest quicker
- Dice rolling sounds are now louder
- The app no longer pauses background audio on launch
- Dice are now a little smaller on iPad
- Added buttons in Settings for sending feedback and rating/reviews
With these updates the new Dice Bag app is no longer free, for now it'll be $0.99 and the old Nice Dice app will now be removed from the App Store.
The new iOS dice rolling app Dice Bag has now been released on the AppStore. Dice Bag is a utility app that basically works like your own set of customizable digital dice. It's not a game in itself, but supports basic functionality like removing or re-rolling individual dice so you can use it to play many dice games if you like. The app simply to provides dice you can use in whatever game you want to play, with the focus being on making these look as good as possible and letting you style them to suit your game or personal taste.
This app replaces our old app Nice Dice and offers the same general functionality but with a more flexible system of rolling dice and combining different materials. To ease the transition for existing users the new app will be free for a period of time and there will be a notification in the old Nice Dice app. After that Nice Dice will no longer be sold on the AppStore and Dice Bag will not be free any more.
A new update for Patternodes 2 is now available for download. This is a smaller update that primarily improves artboard layer management and node reference, but it also fixes some interface issues on macOS 10.13.Version 2.2.6 changes
- Artboard layer management. You can now add, remove, rename and rerorder the layers in the Artboard node.
- Fixes a bug causing node connections to render incorrectly on macOS 10.13.
- Fixes and improvements to the Node reference interface.
- Fixes a bug with the menu items for selecting linked nodes were disabled.
Another update for Patternodes 2 is now available for download. This version add two new nodes, Distribute and Pack, to let you work with spacing for elements in a group. For example useful if you first want to to some controlled randomizing of the lements, and then space the elements in a controlled way based on their new positions or sizes. Along with this the update also brings another set of fixes and improvements to various other areas of the application. Enjoy!Version 2.2.5 changes
- New Group Pack node letting you pack elements in a group horizontally or vertically with a set margin.
- New Group Distribute node letting you distribute elements in a group evenly horizontally or vertically.
- Fixes some graphical glitches in the preview view on high zoom on macOS 10.14.
- Better feedback when value fields fail to parse expressions or parameter formulas.
- Fixes some bugs with preview display scale after exporting.
- Smoother opening/closing of the separate preview panel.
- More improved node warning messages and warnings interface components.
- Better handling of problems when loading corrupted/unsupported and legacy files.
- Fixes some incorrect descriptions in the node reference.
A new update of the password app DotPass for iOS and macOS has been released today. DotPass is not a pasword manager in the traditional sense. Instead of storing or transmitting your passwords and account details like other password managers on the market DotPass gives you a way to recreate the same passwords if you ever need them again.
DotPass takes two unique components:
- A simple text seed word (like the site name), this is not so secret but easy to remember and unique for each account.
- You secret pattern, drawn in the dot grid. This is your secret, but can be reused and is also eaier to remember than a password.
From these two components a random-looking good password is generated that you can use for this account. A different one will be generated for each change in the pattern or seed word, so all your accounts will have unique passwords. However, as long as you remeber your pattern and the seen word you used, you can get your password back any time you need it. Without anything being saved on your device or in the cloud.Version 1.4.5 changes
- Better privacy and security default settings and improved pasteboard security
- Improved iOS/macOS system support and stability
- Fixes to seed word completion suggestions UI in the iOS app
Patternodes 2 has been updated and the new version is now available for download. This version adds a couple of small improvements, but mainly fixes a couple or bugs and problems related to importing and pasting in graphics from other apps to use in Patternodes.Version 2.2.4 changes
- The Grid repeater node now offers a grid height output socket in hex grid mode to make it easier to make seamless hex grids.
- The Element list node now supports input of up to 20 different elements instead of 10.
- Improvements to pasting/dragging graphics into the node graph.
- Fixes a bug where multiple pasted/imported graphics with the same name could be replaced with the same graphic when loading a file.
- Fixes some selection outline problems.
- Fixes a bug where exporting with a transparent background could instead export a solid black background.
Another update of Patternodes 2 is now available for download. This version adds a new group Explode node, that makes it easy to move group elements in relation to their center (pivot), and greatly improves the inline warning messages interface to make it easier to understand when something is going wrong and how to fix it.Version 2.2.3 changes
- New Group Explode node A new node that makes it easy to move elements in a group away from or towards the group pivot point.
- Better warnings UI Improved inline interface for node warning messages and more warnings.
- Smart initial node values Value and color nodes created by dragging from a parameter input socket now start out with the socket value.
- Fixed a bug with element nodes created by dragging from Artboard node sockets getting double connections.
- Added link to the lost code form in license code entry interface.
A small update to Vectoraster 7 has been released today. This update makes some minor changes and fixes a bug with the full screen preview feature.
A new update to the vector halftone app Vectoraster 7 has been released. This new update doesn't add any new exciting functionality like the previous updates, but it fixes a couple of bugs with source blur and importing high-resolution images to use as sources.
The macOS vector raster and halftone gradient app Vectoraster 7 has been updated today. The new version adds another exiting way to vary any dynamic parameter, based on the point index. In less technical terms this lets you vary things based on the order of the points, like rotating every other point in the raster. This can let you make many interesting patterns in th eraster points that you can then combine with gradient or halftone-variations on other values. Make sure to check out the new included Alternating stars sample file as an introduction.
Along with this there are also the usual batch of bug fixes and smaller interface improvements to make Vectoraster easier to use.Changes in 7.4.2
- Index-based values You can now vary parameter based on point order, for changing the color or transformation of every other point in the raster.
- Some interface fixes and adjustments.
- Improvements to mouse wheel zooming and scrolling.
- Added link to the lost code form in license code entry interface.
Another update of Patternodes 2 is now available for download, with further bug fixes and focus on usability improvements and expanding the dynamic elements and parameters features.
Most noticable is the new way you can quickly add new nodes connected to a parameter by simply dragging out a connection from the parameter and letting go in the editor. This will then let you select a new node to add, connected to the parameter. For example, it makes it very easy to say a parameter should be controlled by an animated or random value.
For more advanced users this update also makes some changes to how repeaters apply their spacing and transofrmations parameters, making it possible to use dynamic values to change the spacing based on for example row or repeater index.Version 2.2.2 changes.
Patternodes now requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Quicker node creation You can now add new nodes by simply draggin out a connection from any node socket and releasing.
- Repeater nodes dynamic offsets (Repeat Transform, Grid and Radial) now work better with dynamic offset/scaling/rotation parameter values.
- You can now zoom in the preview with trackpad pinch gestures.
- Improvements to retaining node connections when changing node types.
- Fixed some undo/redo bugs related to changing connections.
- Fixed Artboard node set size preset menu shortcuts.
- Fixed Artboard node background opacity not updating correctly with connected values.
- Apple application notarization (New Apple security requirements).
- Improvements to update checking.
- Updates to sample files. (Available from the Help menu)
The vector halftone and pattern app Vectoraster 7 has been updated again today. This time it's mostly just a fix of a bug in the previous 7.4.0 update that caused point fill and stroke color controls to be disabled incorrectly in some cases. Sorry about that! This new update also updates the Sample files included along with Vectoraster 7 (you can find them in the Help menu), so if you haven't taken a look at them yet this could be a good time to do so.Changes in 7.4.1
- Fixes a bug where Point fill and stroke color wells would be disabled.
- Updates to sample files (Available from the Help menu).
The vector halftone and pattern app Vectoraster 7 has been updated today. The new version adds three new source combinations modes letting you use a combination of multiple sources to vary any raster or point parameter. For example using data from an image combined with a dynamic gradient to set the point size as shown in the example above.
Along with this there are also a bunch of bug fixes and smaller interface improvements to make Vectoraster easier to use.Changes in 7.4.0
- Adds new combined sources mode for all variable parameters, letting you control them with a combination of multiple sources.
- Adds a new toggle button to quickly enable/disable Raster pattern distortions without removing them.
- You can now zoom with mouse option-scroll wheel or trackpad pinch gestures.
- Improvements to interface and preview rendering.
- Apple application notarization (New Apple security requirements).
- Fixes a bug with undo/redo of some raster pattern distortion properties.
- Fixes a bug with linear gradient sources with small sizes.
- Fixes a bug in the Align raster to edges utility.
Another update of Patternodes 2 is now available for download. The main focus of this update is further usability improvements to make it easier to work with and understand the software. One big improvement is you can now drag and drop files into the node editor or into import nodes, and life will be a little easier for one-button mouse users as you can now use either left or right click on connections to access the connection menu.
Most of the changes however relate in one way or the other to the dynamic repeater elements feature, and aim at making this easier to use and understand. Now all repeater indexes will be available all the time, and dynamic elements will be enabled by default if you connect repeater or element parameters to something dynamic (like an index or random value). The connection previews also now show the number of iterations generated for dynamic elements that are generated multiple times.Version 2.2.1 changes.
- Drag and drop support for importing files into the node editor or into an existing Element Import node.
- Left-click now also brings up the connection context menus, with better visual hover feedback.
- Fixes and improvements to dynamic element repeater functionality.
- You can now zoom the preview with option (alt) scroll wheel, and you can scroll a little beyond the edge of your artboard.
- The node connection preview now shows number of generations for dynamic elements.
- Fixes some undoing/redoing bugs.
- Improved performance and memory management.
- The Custom Loop repeater node is deprecated and will soon be removed (use other repeater dynamic elements and indexes instead).